Applications are now open for the Rushcliffe Elite Sports Grant which is in place to support a small number of athletes with a grant of up to £250. The aspiration is to alleviate some of the financial burden that competing at an elite level places upon individuals and families as this is often the barrier to achievement.
Awards are made to athletes who are currently performing at international level within their sport to help with costs such as travel, training, accommodation, competition fees and equipment, specialist coaching and other specialist support deemed appropriate by the National Governing Body over the next year.
Applicants must currently be competing for their country/in the national training squad in their chosen sport and must submit a confirmation letter from their National Governing Body confirming this.
Please ensure you review the full eligibility and criteria 2024
To apply, please complete the online application.
There are limited funds and we anticipate a large number of applicants to this grant so applicants are asked to provide as much information as possible to support their application.
The deadline for completed applications is 11.59pm on Wednesday January 31, 2024.
The Rushcliffe FANS scheme provides sports people living in the borough who compete at a national level or equivalent with free access to the fitness suite and swimming for 12 months* at the following sports facilities in Rushcliffe:
- Bingham Arena
- Cotgrave Leisure Centre
- East Leake Leisure Centre
- Keyworth Leisure Centre
- Rushcliffe Arena
*Normal terms and conditions apply as with the standard Rushcliffe Borough Council health and fitness membership package.
The scheme aims to help elite athletes achieve their full potential by reducing the financial burden of training costs. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scheme:
- A current national sportsperson (national is deemed as someone who represents their country/a member of the national team in their chosen sport OR listed in the top ten of the national age group in their chosen sport).
- A resident in Rushcliffe Borough for the majority of the year
- Competing in a Sport England recognised sport - Sport England - recognised sports
- Aged 14 and over on the date of application
On application, athletes must provide:
- A letter or email direct from your National Governing Body confirming involvement at national level (please note web links and results pages will not be accepted as evidence but may be submitted as additional supporting information)
- Photograph – emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for the scheme please complete the Rushcliffe FANS Application Form and return it to email@example.com with all the required evidence requested. Individuals must reapply for the FANS scheme every 12 months by completing the application form and by providing updated supporting information again.