Rushcliffe Coach Scholarship Scheme
The Coach Scholarship Scheme enables people who coach at a club in Rushcliffe to achieve and improve their coaching qualifications and experience. It was launched in 2012 as part of the Council’s Olympic and Paralympic legacy and continues to increase the capacity of sports clubs. The scheme aims to encourage volunteers and unqualified coaches to begin coaching, as well as helping qualified coaches to progress and raise the profile of professional coaching. It has been set up to financially assist coaches who wish to complete a Level 1, 2 or 3 sports specific coaching course and who are actively coaching in the borough on a voluntary basis.
What do we fund?
Applications for a coach scholarship grant must be for a recognised National Governing Body of Sport Level One, Level Two or Level Three coaching qualification (we do not accept applications for fitness or non-coaching qualifications).
The scheme will offer grant aid of up to 50% of the cost of a course (up to £200 per participant and £600 per sports club).
Who can apply?
Any individual who is aged 16 years or over and are actively coaching in the Rushcliffe borough and are associated with a club or organisation based in the Rushcliffe borough.
Applications must be made through the club or organisation and payment will be made to the club. The club or organisation must be a non-profit making, constituted body, affiliated to a national governing body and have a bank account in its name.
Coaches who are employed for more than 20 hours per week are not eligible to apply, although coaches paid for 20 hours or less may apply as long as they also coach on a voluntary basis for at least 1 hour per week.
When can I apply?
Round One applications opens on 1 April 2023 and closes on 31 May 2023.
Round Two applications opens on 1 October 2023 and closes on 30 November 2023.
To apply for a coach scholarship, please download the application form below and return the completed form to email@example.com.
Rushcliffe Coach Scholarship Scheme Terms and conditions
- Grants will NOT be awarded for retrospective courses and are subject to availability of funds.
- The course must start after the round of funding you are applying for has opened for applications.
- Payment for Level One coaching courses will be made on completion of the course and on providing a photocopy of the qualification certificate.
- Payment for Level Two and Level Three courses will be made on completion of the theory part of the course and on providing a letter from the course tutor confirming attendance at all theory sessions.
- Payment for all scholarships will be made directly to the associated club or organisation and NOT to the individual.