Benefits of Working for Us
- Smarter ways of working
- Generous annual leave
- Holiday purchase and sell scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing at our heart
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Rushcliffe Rewards Package
- Your commute to work
- Learning and development
Thank you for your interest in working for Rushcliffe Borough Council. We have a very talented and friendly workforce of around 300 employees. We are keen to stretch our employees, providing development opportunities where possible with projects across the authority.
Not only will you get the opportunity to work in an amazing part of Nottinghamshire there are so many benefits on offer to all our employees. These include:
Smarter Ways of Working
A majority of our staff have the opportunity to tailor their working hours and location to suit business need and that of the employee. Arrangements may include 2 office working days, with three home working days a week, compressed hours for example 19 days in 20, with flexible start or finish times and longer lunch breaks. You’ll be given a laptop to dock into our flexible workspaces and for use at home from your own space when you can.
- A minimum of 26 days, increasing by:
- An additional day on the anniversary of continuous service
- 32 days with 5 years’ service
- up to a maximum of 35 days after 10 years’ service.
- Plus the standard bank holidays resulting in a great holiday entitlement.
If holidays are important to you, why not buy back up to an additional 5 days annual leave a year. Alternatively, if you are a person that is happy to take the legal minimum holidays then you may be able to exchange unused annual leave for pay.
Every employee has the option to join the Nottinghamshire Local Government pension scheme which includes a generous employer contribution. You also have the option to make additional voluntary contributions through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Occupational Health Service
- Employee Assistance Programme – telephone line and webinars
- Free eye tests for PC users
- Free flu vaccinations
- Support from mental health first aiders and Workplace Health Champions
With the Arena office accommodation above Rushcliffe leisure centre, you’ll have amazing leisure facilities on your doorstep or other leisure centres to use within the borough all at a discounted rate.
Save money on lots of shops, eateries and days out.
With great access links via train, bus, or tram. Free parking at a majority of our sites and support with transport through the Cycle to Work scheme or leasing a car through our salary sacrifice scheme with Tusker.
Your development is key, and we are committed to having regular meaningful conversations with all our employees, creating a learning culture that drives engagement in ongoing professional development. We will also pay for any relevant professional subscriptions.