Advice for Applicants with Disabilities
The following information is useful for those considering applying for a job at Rushcliffe Borough Council.
- Applicants with a disability
- Guaranteed interviews for disable applicants
- Applying for jobs
- Completing an application form
- Attending an interview
- Further support
Rushcliffe Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to increasing the number of disabled people we employ.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to the 7 core actions in recruiting the right people to Rushcliffe Borough Council:
- Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Flexibility when assessing people so disabled applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required
- Engaging our suppliers and partner firms to be disability confident
- Ensure employees have appropriate disability awareness.
We provide activities to ensure the right people have opportunities at Rushcliffe Borough Council:
- Work experience
- Paid and supported internships.
Rushcliffe Borough Council will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential requirements for a job vacancy. When completing your application form, please ensure that you match your skills, experience and abilities with those detailed in the person specification. To assess your suitability for a guaranteed interview, you will need to declare that you have a disability, and let us know of any adjustments you need.
If you want to have a hard copy of the vacancies shown on the website you can obtain a copy from the following sources:
- Human Resources - telephone 0115 914 8317
- Email email@example.com
Large print or copies on different coloured paper are available. Please contact Human Resources using the contact details above.
If you would like the application form in an alternative format, such as large print, please contact Human Resources: 0115 914 8317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are invited for interview, you will be asked to identify whether there are any adjustments you require. Please tell us any difficulties or requirements you may have. We will make reasonable adjustments wherever possible. These might include:
- Ensuring the building is accessible
- Arranging for assistance such as
- sign language interpreters
- lips speaker
- speech text operators or
- a mini loop system.
If you receive an invitation to attend an interview the following information will be included:
- The location
- Date and time
- Estimated duration of the selection process
- The format of the selection process such as:
- Panel interview
- whether there will be tests
- group discussion or
The invitation will include a telephone number and email address of someone to contact, should you require any further information.
Additional support for disabled applicants may be available from the JobCentre Plus Disability Employment Advisors, call 0345 604 3719.