Skip to additional navigation Skip to content

Tell Us if Your Circumstances Change

The amount of help you receive depends on your circumstances and the circumstances of others living with you. You must tell us if anyone in your household’s circumstances change, as it has a bearing on your claim. Failure to do this could result in prosecution.

Ring in your changes of circumstances

You can tell us about any changes in your circumstances which could affect your entitlement by calling us on 0115 981 9911. This service is available from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. In certain circumstances, we can process the change during the telephone call.

You can report changes by using our online form, or if you are changing address complete the change of address form.

Some examples of changes that affect the amount of reduction paid are:

  • Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance stops or starts
  • You, or your partner/spouse start work
  • Someone joins or leaves your household
  • Child Benefit stops
  • Any changes to your child care costs
  • You start to receive extra income or your savings increase.

If your circumstances change and you are not sure whether your reduction will be affected, tell us anyway.

You may need to send us original supporting documents to confirm the change. If you notify us of a change of circumstances by email, we’ll write to you if we need any further information. For more information, see the Electronic Communications Directive.



Do it online

Documents to download

Useful links