Skip to additional navigation Skip to content

East Midlands Building Consultancy

Rushcliffe Borough Council is in partnership with South Kesteven District Council and Newark and Sherwood District Council to deliver a shared building control service known as East Midlands Building Consultancy. Building Control payments are now processed by East Midlands Building Consultancy.

You may need Building Regulation approval even if you don't need Planning approval and vice versa.

Below are examples of the type of work that need Building Regulation approval:

•erection of new buildings
•extensions to existing buildings
•underpinning of foundations
•barn or domestic garage conversions
•replacing windows
•work that affects fire safety eg most alterations to commercial buildings
•work for disabled people eg providing ramped access, lift etc
•removal of a wall
•creating new door or window openings
•installation of sanitary and washing facilities or alterations to drainage
•installing heating appliances and storage tanks
•erection or alterations to chimneys, flue liners or flues
•structural alterations
•installing cavity wall insulation
•alterations to roof spaces
•providing insulation to a property
•replacement shop fronts
•agricultural buildings in some cases
•changing the use of buildings.

All information about the service can be found on the East Midlands Building Consultancy website.