A free, fun festival of health, sport and wellbeing held annually in the Borough
Join Rushcliffe Borough Council and our partners in health, NHS Rushcliffe Clinical Commissioning Group, at our annual Sunday Funday and learn more about how to eat well, move more and live longer.
Whilst historically the home of the Sunday Funday has been Rushcliffe Country Park in Ruddington, in 2018 the Sunday Funday will be on the move to a brand new venue - Bingham Market Place. There'll be displays and have-a-go sessions with local sports clubs plus lots of great educational and fun stalls and attractions.
There will be a cycling theme throughout the day due to the Tour of Britain coming to Rushcliffe the following week with the following cycling themed activities.
- Dr Bike mobile mechanic will set up his bike surgery where he will give bikes a check-over, carry out basic maintenance tasks for free and will be able to prescribe any additional treatment required
- The Council’s Community Safety team will be on hand to give advice around bike security
- Via East Midlands will be delivering aspects of their Bikeability programme and cycle safety
- Ridewise are bringing their fun bikes, e-bikes and tandems for people to ride
- Two smoothie bikes will be in operation for people to pedal their way to making a smoothie
- Pedal Power Sound will provide atmospheric music for the event through their cycle powered PA system
- Rushcliffe CCG and a number of other health services will be there to offer advice on health initiatives
- Susan Hart will be on hand to offer nutritional advice, healthy recipe ideas and a food activity for people to join in
- Parkwood Leisure will have a promotional stand and bring a static bike to run a cycling challenge
- Local sports clubs will be in attendance and will each have a table top promotional stand with some delivering taster sessions in the sports club arena.
Catch the action on Sunday 2 September, 12pm-4pm
Want to know more? Call us on 0115 914 8517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org