You are here :

Personal searches

Rushcliffe follows the Good Practice Guidance for Councils and Personal Searchers Guide‎ (January 2008).

It is the responsibility of the person carrying out the search to identify relevant information and make notes. Council staff can only offer factual clarification on matters.

You can inspect the registers, but you cannot copy this information, using cameras, mobile phones, digital pens or USB memory sticks, as this would breach copyright.

The Register 

The Land Charges Register is electronic and you can access extracts from the register. This is covered in the Good Practice Guidance document, in sections 2.8 and 2.9 (pages 8 and 9).

Viewing the Register extract

You need to make an appointment (phone 0115 914 8513 or 0115 914 8575) to view the register extract. Appointments are available on Mondays - Wednesdays at 2pm, 2.30pm and 3pm and they last 30 minutes. You will view the register extract on screen at the Rushcliffe Community Contact Centre. We need 24 hours notice and details of:

  • The name of the personal searcher or the personal search company
  • The address of the property/land to be searched
  • A clear plan of the property, faxed to 0115 914 8452 or emailed to, marked 'for the attention of Land Charges'.


A personal search of the register is free, but there may be charges for other services e.g. copies of register entries. Payment should be made in advance by telephone, cheque or pay online. Cheques should be made payable to Rushcliffe Borough Council.

Other registers and information available

The Planning Register is available on the website in our planning section.

Basic details of all planning applications from 1974 onwards and planning decisions for planning applications received since January 1991 is available on the Planning Online website

Building Regulations information is available from Building Control by phoning 0115 914 8459.


Nottinghamshire County Council is responsible for roads, visit Nottinghamshire County Council website or phone 08449 808 080.

Water authority

Severn Trent Water Authority is responsible for watee in this area, visit Severn Trent Water website or phone 0115 971 3550.


Information about whether a property is affected by radon gas can be obtained from UK Radon or Health Protection Agency‎.

Non-statutory information

Where information is not part of a statutory register, public document or record, we are able to refine and collate the information for you if required. Contact us for more information.