Rushcliffe FANS (Free Access to National Sportspeople) Scheme
The FANS scheme provides sports people who compete at a national level or equivalent with free access to the fitness, swimming and aerobics for 12 months* at the following sports facilities in Rushcliffe:
- Bingham Leisure Centre
- Cotgrave Leisure Centre
- East Leake Leisure Centre
- Keyworth Leisure Centre
- Rushcliffe Arena
*Normal terms and conditions apply as with the standard Rushcliffe Borough Council health and fitness membership package.
The scheme aims to help elite athletes achieve their full potential by reducing the financial burden of training costs. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scheme:
- A current national sportsperson (national is deemed as someone who represents their country/a member of the national team in their chosen sport OR listed in the top ten of the national age group in their chosen sport).
- A resident in Rushcliffe Borough for the majority of the year
- Competing in a Sport England recognised sport - http://sportengland.org/about_us/how_we_recognise_sports/recognised_sports.aspx
On application, athletes must provide:
A letter or email direct from your National Governing Body confirming involvement at national level (please note web links will not be accepted as evidence but may be submitted as additional supporting information)
Photograph – emailed to email@example.com
If you would like to apply for the scheme please complete the Application Form 2019 and return it to the address given with all the required evidence requested. Individuals must reapply for the FANS scheme every 12 months.
Rushcliffe Elite Sports Grant
The Rushcliffe Elite Sports Grant is available to support a small number of athletes with a grant of up to £400. The aim is to alleviate some of the financial burden that competing at an elite level places upon individuals and families as this is often a barrier to achievement.
Funds may help with costs such as travel, training, accommodation, competition fees and equipment, specialist coaching and other specialist support deemed appropriate by the National Governing Body over the next year.
Priority will be given to competitors in sports or disciplines represented at the Olympic & Paralympic Games or Commonwealth Games.
Applications to the grant scheme are being encouraged from athletes who are currently performing at international level within their sport. To accompany the application, a confirmation letter from their National Governing Body confirming their level of performance is to be submitted – without this, we will be unable to consider the application.
Applicants must be:
- a resident of Rushcliffe Borough OR go to school within the borough
- 14 years old or over
- competing in a Sport England recognised sport (https://www.sportengland.org/our-work/national-governing-bodies/sports-that-we-recognise)
- competing for their country/in the national training squad in their chosen sport (This varies with different sports but you should, at least, be competing with performers from other counties in your sport, in recognised competitions)
- Amateur status
- Fully endorsed by their National Governing Body and National or International coach (who must be suitably qualified and affiliated)
Applications to the Elite Sports Grant are now closed. The next round of funding will be open for applications in January 2020.