You are here :

Cooling towers

Information about cooling tower notification.

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the local authority of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the premises. Notification must be made on the approved forms or electronically, you must also notify us of any changes of notification within one month of the change in writing. You must also notify us if the device ceases as soon as possible. No fee is payable for the notification.

Am I eligible? 

There are no additional criteria.

Regulation summary 

Please see .

How will my application be evaluated?

There is no provision within the legislation.

Apply online 

What happens next?

Contact the local authority in the first instance.

What if my application is refused?

Please contact the Licensing Service in the first instance. An appeal against the grant can be made to the local Magistrates Court.

Consumer complaints 

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first point of contact should be made with the service provider (The Council). If this has not worked and you are located in the UK then contact Consumer Direct If you are outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Public registers

There are no public registers for this licence.

Contact Us

Contact Us

Rushcliffe Borough Council
Licensing team

Do it online

Do It Online