You are here :

Business rates advice: appealing against rates

If you disagree with the rateable value in the current rating list for your property, you can challenge it by contacting your local valuation office (Valuation Office Agency homepage).

If you require advice about whether to appeal against rateable values you are advised to consult a reputable independent rating adviser. Please take care - there may be fraudsters operating in this area.

Members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Incorporated Society of Valuers and Auctioneers (ISVA) and the Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV) are regulated by rules of professional conduct designed to protect the public from malpractice and are required to hold adequate professional indemnity insurance.

Contact Us

Contact Us

Rushcliffe Borough Council Revenues Services