Update on Cotgrave Town Centre Regeneration
The plan for the new town centre:
- January – February 2017: Construction of new access road for Rivermead
- February – April 2017: Demolition of Scotland Bank.
- Autumn 2017 – Autumn 2018: Construction of the new multiservice centre to house GPs, police, library, and Rushcliffe Borough Council contact point.
- Autumn 2017 – Spring 2018: Improvements to shop units and the area to the rear of the shops. Flats above the shop units will be converted in to a new business centre
- Autumn/Winter 2018: Demolition of existing library and police buildings, improvements to the car park, and landscaping of the area.
Rushcliffe Borough Council and Cotgrave Town Council encourage residents to support their local shops during the improvements and will be working with local businesses during this time. Please shop locally and support your local businesses.
Details of the £10.5m regeneration project
- A new multiservice centre will be built on Scotland Bank to house GPs, police, library, Rushcliffe Borough Council contact point.
- The existing police station, library and health centre will be removed and replaced with new open space and landscaping. This will open up the precinct to Candleby Lane and create a welcoming environment for shoppers
- Shop units will be improved to provide a fresh new look and improvements will be made to the appearance of the back of the shops
- Flats above the shop units will be converted in to a new business centre for local businesses
- There will be a new play area and grassed areas
- 15 new industrial units have been built on the former colliery site, next to existing units on Colliers Way.
The D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership – the private sector-led partnership promoting economic growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – has part funded this project.
We will continue to engage with local residents and businesses via:
- Business News Section
- Regular updates to your elected Councillor
- Updates from the Town Council working group
- Information in Cotgrave Connections magazine.
15 light industrial units on land off Hollygate Lane (near the Cotgrave Colts football ground) were completed in August 2017. The new units range in size from 750 to 1750 square feet. If you are interested in renting a unit, please contact our property team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is also further opportunity for employment usage at Hollygate Park in Cotgrave – please see here for further information.
If you are looking for new business premises please contact email@example.com