You are here :

Subject Access Request

Information about how the Council looks after your data.

Looking after your personal data

Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a duty to ensure the integrity of the personal data we gather, process, store and retain.

This means we must:

  • Only use your information for lawful purposes
  • Only use your information for the reason it was collected
  • Tell you what we are going to do with your information
  • Ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date
  • Not ask for more information than we need, or than is relevant, but make sure we have enough information to carry out our duties
  • Keep the information secure
  • Not keep it longer than necessary
  • Not send it to countries with less rigorous data protection laws without your permission
  • Allow you to request a copy of the information we hold on you
  • Give you the opportunity to amend information that is incorrect
  • Allow you to request the deletion of personal data (where this does not contravene other applicable legislation).

Subject Access Request

You can request a copy of the information we hold through a Data Subject Access Request (sometimes referred to as a Personal Information Request) by submitting the Subject Access Request form.

You can also request a form by telephone, letter or e-mail.

You will need to:

  • Supply sufficient information so that the data can be located, including department, document type and any relevant details of the person/s involved
  • Requests must be date led, explicitly stating what periods you are referring to
  • You must provide satisfactory proof that you are the data subject or acting on behalf of the data subject
  • We can only supply the information you request.

We will:

  • Acknowledge your request
  • Provide a response within 1 month on receiving the identification and sufficient information
  • Make sure we are dealing with the data subject and no one else.

Your Rights

You have several rights you may enforce. Where the Council is processing your personal data due to the consent you have provided, you are entitled to withdraw this consent. You may also ask for such information to be deleted and where it cannot you may request to restrict processing (halt using further).

In addition, subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:

  • request a copy of the personal information the Council holds about you
  • to have any inaccuracies corrected
  • to have your personal data erased
  • to place a restriction on the Council’s processing of your data
  • to object to processing; and
  • to request your data to be ported (data portability).

If you have any concerns about how we treat your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the Council by contacting the Complaints section, Email: or T: 0115 9819911.

Contact Details

If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Rushcliffe Borough Council contact the Data Protection Officer:


Data Protection Officer
tel: 0115 9819911

Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioners’ Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, T: 0303 123 1113


A copy of our Privacy Notice is available at: