Working at Rushcliffe
Rushcliffe Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer committed to increasing the number of disabled people it employs. As a Disability Confident Employer we:
- Are committed to the 7 core actions of a Disability Confident Employer in recruiting the right people to Rushcliffe Borough Council –
- Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Flexibility when assessing people so disabled applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required
- Engaging our suppliers and partner firms to be disability confident
- Ensure employees have appropriate disability awareness
We provide activities to ensure the right people have opportunities at Rushcliffe Borough Council –
- Work experience
- Paid internships and supported internships
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, Rushcliffe Borough Council will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential requirements for a job vacancy. When completing your application form, please ensure that you match your skills, experience and abilities with those detailed in the person specification. In order to assess your suitability for a guaranteed interview, you will need to declare that you have a disability, and let us know of any adjustments you need.
Applying for posts with Rushcliffe Borough Council
If you want to have a hard copy of the vacancies shown on the job vacancies page you can obtain a copy from the following sources:
- Your local Jobcentre Plus
- Human Resources - telephone 0115 914 8317
- Email email@example.com
Large print or copies on different coloured paper are also available. Please contact Human Resources using the contact details above.
Completing the application form
If you would like the application form in an alternative format, such as large print, please contact Human Resources: 0115 914 8317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming for an interview
If you are invited for interview, you will be asked to identify whether there are any adjustments you require. Please tell us any difficulties or requirements you may have. We will make reasonable adjustments wherever possible. These might include:
- Ensuring the building where the interview will be held is accessible
- Arranging for assistance, including sign language interpreters, lips speaker, speech text operators or a mini loop system.
If you are invited to attend an interview you will be informed in advance of the following information:
- The location
- Date and time, and estimated duration of the selection process
- The format of the selection process, ie whether there will be tests, group discussion or if you will be required to give a presentation.
You will be given the telephone number and email address of someone to contact, should you require any further information.
Further support for disabled applicants may be available JobCentre Plus Disability Employment Advisors, call 0345 604 3719.