Working at Rushcliffe
Rushcliffe Borough Council is committed to increasing the number of disabled people it employs. The authority is a Disability Symbol user, which means it makes five commitments:
- A guaranteed job interview for all applicants who meet the essential requirements for a job vacancy and for applicants to be considered on their abilities.
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place for us to discuss, at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to ensure they can develop and use their abilities.
- To make every effort to retain in employment employees who become disabled.
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make the commitment work.
- To review our commitments and achievements annually, to plan how to improve and let employees know about progress and future plans.
As part of our commitment to be a Disability Symbol user, Rushcliffe Borough Council will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential requirements for a job vacancy. When completing your application form, please ensure that you match your skills, experience and abilities with those detailed in the person specification. In order to assess your suitability for a guaranteed interview, you will need to declare that you have a disability, and let us know of any adjustments you need.
Applying for posts with Rushcliffe Borough Council
If you want to have a hard copy of the vacancies shown on the job vacancies page you can obtain a copy from the following sources:
- Your local Jobcentre Plus
- Human Resources - telephone 0115 914 8317 (or use BT Typetalk or similar)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large print or copies on different coloured paper are also available. Please contact Human Resources using the contact details above.
Completing the application form
If you would like the application form in an alternative format, such as large print, please contact Human Resources:
Coming for interview
If you are invited for interview, you will be asked to identify whether there are any adjustments you require. Please tell us any difficulties or requirements you may have. We will make reasonable adjustments wherever possible. These might include:
- Ensuring the building where the interview will be held is accessible
- Arranging for assistance, including sign language interpreters, lips speaker, speech text operators or a mini loop system.
If you are invited to attend an interview you will be informed in advance of the following information:
- The location
- Date and time, and estimated duration of the selection process
- The format of the selection process, ie whether there will be tests, group discussion or if you will be required to give a presentation.
You will be given the telephone number, fax number and email address of someone to contact, should you require any further information.
Further support for disabled applicants may be available JobCentre Plus Disability Employment Advisors, call 0845 604 3719.